top of page
Truck and Equipment Mechanic - Chicago, IL
International brand trucks, flat beds, power tools, Bobcats, augers and more.
Performs repairs on vehicles, orders parts as needed and completes work orders by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Repair and maintain a diverse fleet of light to heavy duty trucks from a variety of truck manufacturers.*
2. Repair and maintain a variety of truck mounted equipment such as knuckle boom cranes, augers and guardrail post pounders.*
3. Repair and maintain a variety of equipment such as skid steer loaders, forklifts, scissor lifts, compressors, welders, generators and power tools.*
4. Determine vehicle’s condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.*
5. Do routine maintenance by following a checklist for the inspection process.*
6. Take trucks for inspection and work to make sure they pass inspection.
7. Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders and verifying receipt.*
8. Use diagnostic equipment and interpret vehicle error codes.*
9. Maintain vehicle appearance by cleaning and washing.*
10. Maintain vehicle repair and maintenance records.*
11. Maintain and inspect vehicles in the field as necessary.*
12. Cleans and organizes work space.*
13. CDL driver’s license is a PLUS
14. Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.*
15. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver's license. CDL license a plus
$22.00 an hour, 10-20 hours of overtime, Full benefits including profit sharing
Job Type: Full-time
*Must Be Authorized To Work In The USA
bottom of page